Skip to main content

The Reading Habits Tag

I saw this tag a while back on Downright Dystopian so thought I’d give it a go! Feel free to take part too!

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Kind of… I tend to read in my bed a lot, but I read on the sofa or in the garden too.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I’ve got a few bookmarks but if I can’t find them I will use a bit of paper. My newest bookmarks...

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I can just stop reading if need be. Years of taking buses to university led me to doing so. However, I do much prefer to stop after a chapter - but then sometimes I can't stop.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Sometimes, usually just snacks/sweeties though. I don’t like trying to read whilst eating a meal – I don’t have enough hands - though I still do it.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
When I read in the living room, my parents tend to have the TV on too. So I can read with it on. It also depends what I’m reading as to whether I can listen to music or not. I mean when I was at university it had to be classical/movie scores or the lyrics would just distract me.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Mostly one book at a time, but if it’s a particularly difficult/long book, I will read something a bit lighter at the same time.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Anywhere!

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head! Do people actually read out loud to themselves?

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip passages?
Only if I can’t avoid it.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
This one is a hard one for me. I do like to keep my books new but then I also like the visual of books I have read on my shelf. So it really depends how I’m feeling on a particular day.

11. Do you write in your books?
Nope! Not even in my university books. If I need to mark something I will use a post-it.

12. What are you currently reading?
Lair of Dreams, Libba Bray - Not too sure about it at the moment.
Lair of Dreams


Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I love this tag! I had a blast filling it out when I was nominated a while back! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a really good tag. Very easy to answer questions too, which I like.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Book Beginnings,The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (22 May)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.