Skip to main content

Monthly summary - August 2015

August has been another busy month! Everything seems to come at once. Firstly, it was my birthday (I turned 23!! when the bloody hell did that happen) and, for once, people actually listened to me when I said I like books. I got 13 books so far via birthday gifts, Waterstones vouchers and birthday money. I say so far as I still have some money left and I'm buying slowly i.e. one book at a time so that there's less chance of my parents noticing the large increase in books appearing.

I also had a few nights out with my cousins and cousins-who-aren't-technically-cousins and it was awesome having a catch-up as we don't really see each other apart from at family gatherings so it was nice being able to "let go" without all the "adults" around (because I don't care how old I turned on my birthday I'm still not an adult).

And then for the best news of the month... *drum roll*... I GOT A JOB! I'm so excited! Such a weird feeling being able to hand in my notice to the supermarket I have worked at for the past SIX YEARS! But yeah! I'm now going to be a Directorate Assistant in Quality Assurance at my old University. I'm going to be working 9-5 Monday to Friday so three guesses what song has been in my head all week since I accepted the job...


So yeah! August has been a great month outside the blog! Now onto the blog...

August has been another poor month for reading, I only read 5 books but with everything going on this month I'm happy with this number. This has taken my total to 40 books so far this year.
My TBR is sitting at 257 books.

Books I have read this month:


Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com. 

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.