Skip to main content

Reader Questionnaire

I saw this Reader Questionnaire at Bookworm Inkorporated a while back and thought I'd give it a go. Feel free to have a go yourself and let me know if you do.

1. Favourite childhood book: 

The Princess Bride

2. What are you reading right now? 

Four: A Divergent Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)

3. What books do you have on request at the library? 

Nothing, I've never actually requested books before.

4.Bad book habit: 

Putting my books in my bag, then putting things on top leading to bent pages and covers. No matter how hard I try to be careful it happens every time!

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? 

Nothing at the moment.

6. Do you have an e-reader? 

No, but I do have the Kindle app on my tablet.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? 

One book at a time! it's very rare that I can read two at once.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? 

Definitely! I'm actually reading a lot more! it's helped me get back into reading after not reading for so long whilst at university. I've also become more organised with my reading... if that makes sense!

9. Least favorite book you read this year: 

The Seer, R.R. Sechi. I actually finished it but it was really short so there was no excuse, but I actually hated it.

10. Favorite book I’ve read this year: 

Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)Your Voice Is All I Hear
A tie between Alica Clayton's Wallbanger and Leah Scheier's Your Voice Is All I Hear. Two completely different books but amazing in their own ways.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? 

I try to read out of my comfort zone as often as possible.

12. What is your reading comfort zone? 

Well, since I started using Goodreads in February it appears I mostly read Young Adult, Fantasy and Romance.

13. Can you read on the bus? 

Yes, but I have to use my bookmark to keep the lines straight in my head.

14. Favorite place to read: 

In my bed or lying on the sofa, but I can read anywhere.

15. What’s your policy on book lending? 

I will only lend someone a book if I have known them a long time and I can trust them with it. They have to earn the trust. At the moment, the only person I let borrow any books is my sister-in-law.

16. Do you dog-ear your books? 

Nope. I try not to anyway, but my bag has other ideas (see Bad Book Habit above).

17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? 

Nope. I will use post-its if I really need to.

18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? 

Not on purpose, but it does tend to happen.

19. What is your favourite language to read? 

I have only ever read in English, but I'm trying in vain to learn Spanish and I hope to be able to read that at some point.

20. What makes you love a book? 

Characters. If I love the characters I will generally love the book. Unless the writing is extremely bad.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? 

I'm not too sure... this is a weird question... if I love a book I will recommend it obviously.

22. Favorite genre: 

Apparently it's Young Adult Fantasy and Romance according to Goodreads.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did): 

Crime/Mystery

24. Favorite Memoir:

David Attenborough's Life on Air: Memoirs of a Broadcaster
I've not read any memoirs that I can remember. But I do have David Attenborough's Life on Air and I can't wait to read it. I love him so much!

25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?) 

Nope, don't think so... maybe those ones for job interviews count....

26. Favorite Cookbook: 

I have a student cookbook that I use all the time still.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction): 

Your Voice Is All I Hear

28. Favorite reading snack: 

Anything sweet.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience: 

I can't actually think of any, but I am always so late to the game when it comes to hyped books anyway. They practically lose their hype by the time I get to them.

30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book? 

Occasionally, if I understand where they are coming from.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? 

I did hate it. I'm getting better and now dislike it.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? 

Spanish.

33. Most intimidating book I’ve read: 

Pass, I haven't got around to the intimidating ones yet.

34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin: 

I really want to read Anna Karenina. I don't actually know why.. the feelings just sort of crept up on me.

35. Favorite Poet: 

Robert Burns

36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? 

Between 0 and 3. Currently 0.

37. How often do you return books to the library unread? 

All the time. I need more hours in a day/week.

38. Favorite fictional character: 

Westley from The Princess Bride

39. Favorite fictional villain: 

Dracula.

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: 

Anything I can pack! I've not been on holiday in 3 years so I can't really answer this one.

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: 

Three years. I know! But it was whilst I was at university and couldn't even bring myself to read during the holidays. I did read a couple during that time but not as much as I would have liked.

42. Name a book you could/would not finish: 

The Dark Light

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? 

Noise, people talking around me, my dogs.

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel: 

The Princess Bride

45. Most disappointing film adaptation: 

A Series of Unfortunate Events or The Golden Compass. They both have so much potential to be great films.

46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: 

£50 give or take. However on Amazon it would be over one hundred due to my university textbooks.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? 

People skim books before reading?!?

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? 

Dull characters, crazy in a not-good-way characters, bad writing.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized? 

YES! Alphabetically by author surname. One Read bookcase and one TBR bookcase.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read? 

If I really like it, or it is a brilliantly popular book I will most definitely keep it. I will only give away the rubbish ones.

So yeah, feel free to give this a go yourself and let me know if you do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.