Skip to main content

Book Review: It's All About Treo, Dave Heyhoe

It's All About Treo

Title: It's All About Treo
Author: Dave Heyhoe
Published: 20/06/2013, Quercus
Pages: 330
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5
This is the incredible true story of the unbreakable bond forged between Treo, the world's most highly decorated dog, and his handler Sgt. Dave Heyhoe, whilst doing the most dangerous job on earth - sniffing out bombs in Afghanistan. It is a story full of tragedy and triumph, pathos and laughter, as one man and his best friend dare all to ensure that no lives are lost.


It's All About Treo is a wonderful and touching true story about the bond between a search dog and his handler and their six-month tour-of-duty in Afganistan. It is both an incredibly sad story as well as an absolutely hilarious story.

It's All About Treo is told from Treo's handler Dave Heyhoe's point of view and the way he describes his time in Afganistan honestly made me feel as if I was there with him. He goes into so much detail and explains terms and phrases clearly for readers that don't have any military knowledge. And the stories Dave Heyhoe tells us about Treo are both hilarious and sad at the same time.

It's very easy to see how loved Treo is too. Everyone he comes into contact with takes an instant shine to him. He really is one brave wee dog!

The story is in no way predictable and you never know what will happen next. I was expecting the worst through so much of this book because of the nature of the story. There are twists to the story (I don't know if I can call them that because it's a true story) and I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of it.

I really enjoyed It's All About Treo. It's both a hilarious and poignant read that just grabs your attention. I would definitely recommend It's All About Treo to fans of both animal-related stories and war stories. If you liked Marley and Me you will definitely like Treo's story.




Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.