Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (20 November)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

So, this week has been a great week for reading again! I'm getting through so many books at the moment. I think being off work on annual leave Tuesday through to Friday has definitely helped too.

Other than reading,  I've had a fairly busy week too. On Wednesday, I went out for four-o'clock-tails with a friend, which turned into going out for tea and some wine too. Surprisingly, I didn't feel too hungover on Thursday which is very unusual for me after a night on cocktails.

Then on Friday, my mum, a friend and I went to meet another friend's little baby for the first time. He was just adorable and I loved getting cuddles from him. And then on Saturday, I had a catch-up with my friend and her one-year-old. So I've been surrounded by little ones this week! I also had the first "your next" directed at me too...

Last Week on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

Monday - ARC Review: Pivotal Moments (In Time #1), Trinity Hanrahan

What I Read Last Week

Carry OnDid I Mention I Miss You? (The DIMILY Trilogy, #3)


Currently Reading

Anna KareninaThe Most Wonderful Time of The Year

What I Plan to Read This Week

Paper Butterflies

Book Haul

Nothing this week! Which is great cause I'm really trying to work on my Netgalley ratio.
I've also not had a chance to get to Waterstones to pick up my pre-order of Fantastic Beasts yet, but I'll get my hands on it tomorrow!


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Great book haul...I've asked for Fantastic Beasts for Christmas! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping Fantastic Beasts is going to be as great as it sounds!

      Delete
  2. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to read Fantastic Beasts. I did like the movie and reading the script might give me more insight into the scenes. I hope you enjoy it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear that the movie is good! I don't think I'll be able to watch it until it's out on DVD most likely :(

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good week, reading and otherwise. :) I'm planning on seeing the Fantastic beasts movie, don't know if I'll read the screenplay or not but I bet it would add a lot of insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have had a good week! I'm not sure when I'll get to see Fantastic Beasts, probably when it's out on DVD to be honest.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure whether to read the sceenplay for Famtastic Beasts or watch the film first...I'll need to wait until it comes out on dvd as the cinema is too expensive for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to wait for the DVD too, mainly because nobody will go see it with me haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.